1. ("Lessee") will lease the product(s) (the "Product") from Dorms Direct, LLC ("Lessor") Richmond, VA; (804) 223-2345; www.dormsdirect.com for the term set forth above.
2. Lessee will make no alterations, additions or changes to the Product.
3. At termination of this agreement, Lessee will return the Product to Lessor. If the Product is damaged beyond ordinary wear and tear due to Lessee’s own negligence, misuse or for any other reason, Lessee will pay to repair such damage. Lessor reserves the right to determine the extent of damage and whether damaged Product is to be repaired or replaced.
4. Pick-up of the Product will, in most cases, be scheduled prior to the first day of finals. Lessee assumes all responsibility to return Product at scheduled times.
5. In circumstances where the pick-up of the product is NOT scheduled prior to the closing of the residence halls, Lessee will leave Product securely in the room. move out as normal and notify Lessorof Products left in room. Lesser will coordinate arrangements with the College for access to rooms for any pick-up of Product(s).
6. In the event that Product is not returned to Lessor in perfect working condition at the end of the Rental Period, Lessee agrees to pay all costs of collection including reasonable attorney fees and expense of repossession and/or replacement of Product. Damage fees are assessed on a case by case basis and are never to exceed the Replacement Cost of an item. Replacement cost of a bed loft is $500, replacement cost of a Microfridge is $500, replacement cost of a carpet is $100, replacement cost of a futon is $250-$400 and varies by model, replacement cost of an electronic safe is $200, replacement cost of a Television is $250 - $500 and varies by model.
6a. Lessee will have the option of purchasing Damage Insurance* for a flat fee of $10/item prior to the start of the rental period. If Lessee chooses to purchase the damage insurance, Lessee will not be required to pay any of the Damage or Replacement fees as aforementioned in paragraph 6. In the event that Lessee chooses not to purchase the Damage Insurance, a $500 security deposit will be required, and Lessee will be held fully responsible for any damaged or missing items. All Damage or Replacement Fees will be automatically deducted from the Lessee's security deposit. The balance of the security deposit, if any, shall be returned to the Lessee within 90 days. *Insurance does not cover damage due to: intentional acts, gross negligence, vandalism, theft, or other criminal activity. Insurance does not cover the cost of an additional item rental to replace the one that was broken.
7. Lessee will not assign this agreement or sublet any of the Product to another person without first obtaining Lessor's permission to do so.
8. The use of the Product will be at the sole risk of the Lessee. Lessee hereby releases Lessor and Lessee’s school from all liability resulting from any use of the Product, including liability for personal injuries, death, whether of themselves or others, as well as property damage resulting from any use of the Product.
9. If Lessee breaches this agreement Lessor may, in addition to all other remedies which Lessor may have against Lessee, retain any deposit provided Lessor by Lessee.
10. Lessee will inform Lessor of any change in address at which the Product is used.
11. Lessee authorizes Lessor to enter the room(s) in which the Product are (or is to be) located to deliver, service, or pick up the Product.
12. If any check provided Lessor by Lessee is returned to Lessor, Lessee will pay Lessor a service fee in the amount of $30.00, plus any bank fees charged to Lessor. If Lessee improperly initiates a credit card “chargeback” process, or presents a credit card that declines payment upon processing, Lessee will pay Lessor a service fee in the amount of $40.00.
13. If Lessee wishes to terminate this agreement, the rental fee will be refunded according to the refund schedule found on the Lessor's website. There will be no refunds after Sept. 15th.
14. If Lessee does not pick up Product, Lessor will make reasonable attempt to contact Lessee to set up a late delivery appointment. If after 45 days Lessee has neither cancelled the order nor picked up Product, Lessor will cancel Lessee’s order and no refund will be issued.
15. REFRIGERATOR RENTAL ONLY - Lessee will return the refrigerator at the end of the contract term defrosted, clean and dry (being interpreted as "no moisture evident to the touch in the unit"). Refrigerators not returned in this manner will breach this agreement and will result in forfeiture of deposit (where deposits have been collected) and/or other remedies as prescribed in #3 of this Rental Agreement.
16. IN-ROOM DELIVERY ONLY - If product was pre-delivered to Lessee’s room by Lessor, Lessee is still responsible to return products at times and dates designated by Lessor and according to terms outlined in this Rental Agreement unless other conditions exist at Lessee’s school where Lessor is responsible to pick up rental Products.