1. ("Lessee") will lease the product(s) (the "Product") from Dorms Direct, LLC ("Lessor") Richmond, VA; (804) 223-2345; www.dormsdirect.com for the term set forth above.
2. Lessee will make no alterations, additions or changes to the Product.
3. At termination of this agreement, Lessee will return the Product to Lessor. If the Product is damaged beyond ordinary wear and tear due to Lessee’s own negligence, misuse or for any other reason, Lessee will pay to repair such damage. Lessor reserves the right to determine the extent of damage and whether damaged Product is to be repaired or replaced.
4. Pick-up of the Product will, in most cases, be scheduled prior to the first day of finals. Lessee assumes all responsibility to return Product at scheduled times.
5. In circumstances where the pick-up of the product is NOT scheduled prior to the closing of the residence halls, Lessee will leave Product securely in the room. move out as normal and notify Lessorof Products left in room. Lesser will coordinate arrangements with the College for access to rooms for any pick-up of Product(s).
6. In the event that Product is not returned to Lessor, Lessee agrees to pay all costs of collection including reasonable attorney fees and expense of repossession and/or replacement of Product. Replacement cost of a bed loft is $500, replacement cost of a Microfridge is $500, replacement cost of a carpet is $100, and replacement cost of a futon is $250-$400 and varies by model.
7. Lessee will not assign this agreement or sublet any of the Product to another person without first obtaining Lessor's permission to do so.
8. The use of the Product will be at the sole risk of the Lessee. Lessee hereby releases Lessor and Lessee’s school from all liability resulting from any use of the Product, including liability for personal injuries, death, whether of themselves or others, as well as property damage resulting from any use of the Product.
9. If Lessee breaches this agreement Lessor may, in addition to all other remedies which Lessor may have against Lessee, retain any deposit provided Lessor by Lessee.
10. Lessee will inform Lessor of any change in address at which the Product is used.
11. Lessee authorizes Lessor to enter the room(s) in which the Product are (or is to be) located to deliver, service, or pick up the Product.
12. If any check provided Lessor by Lessee is returned to Lessor, Lessee will pay Lessor a service fee in the amount of $30.00, plus any bank fees charged to Lessor. If Lessee improperly initiates a credit card “chargeback” process, or presents a credit card that declines payment upon processing, Lessee will pay Lessor a service fee in the amount of $40.00.
13. If Lessee wishes to terminate this agreement, the rental fee will be refunded according to the refund schedule found on the Lessor's website. There will be no refunds after Sept. 15th.
14. If Lessee does not pick up Product, Lessor will make reasonable attempt to contact Lessee to set up a late delivery appointment. If after 45 days Lessee has neither cancelled the order nor picked up Product, Lessor will cancel Lessee’s order and no refund will be issued.
15. REFRIGERATOR RENTAL ONLY - Lessee will return the refrigerator at the end of the contract term defrosted, clean and dry (being interpreted as "no moisture evident to the touch in the unit"). Refrigerators not returned in this manner will breach this agreement and will result in forfeiture of deposit (where deposits have been collected) and/or other remedies as prescribed in #3 of this Rental Agreement.
17. IN-ROOM DELIVERY ONLY - If product was pre-delivered to Lessee’s room by Lessor, Lessee is still responsible to return products at times and dates designated by Lessor and according to terms outlined in this Rental Agreement unless other conditions exist at Lessee’s school where Lessor is responsible to pick up rental Products.
18. Lessee agrees to hold harmless Lessor in regards to any damaged product(s) that are delivered through Dorms Direct Delivery Service Program ("DDDSP").
19. The Lessee agrees to not use DDDSP to ship and deliver anything that would not be permitted on your university campus, is of illegal nature, or posses a health and/or safety concern.
20. Lessor and DDDSP assumes no responsibility for goods once delivery has been made into the agreed upon location.
21. Lessor will not assume responsibility for a package that has been mislabeled or labeled to a recipient who is not enrolled in the DDDSP.
18. The lessee is to ensure that all items and goods that go through Dorms Direct Delivery Service Program ("DD DSP" or "DSP") are in compliance will all applicable laws and restrictions including, but not limited to: national, state, and local laws regarding what is allowed to be shipped and what is allowed on campus.
19. The Lessor assumes no responsibility for goods that arrive damaged, are improperly labeled, or sent to/from an individual not enrolled in DD DSP.
20. DD DSP is not to be used to ship any goods that violate any laws or regulations.
21. Lessor reserves the right to open any package at our discretion without any notice
22. Lessee agrees to not place any living or perishable items into the DD DSP
23. Lessor makes no claims of warranties, express or implied.
24. Dorms Direct is not liable for delay of, loss of, or damage to a shipment of a prohibited item. The shipper arises to indemnify Dorms Direct for any and all costs, fees ans expenses Dorms Direct incurs as a result of the shippers violation of any laws or regulations or from tendering any item for shipment.
25. Lesse is responsible for ensuring items arrive, properly packed, at DD DSP processing facility by________ to ensure in room delivery by move-in day.